Scotties Airfix M3A1 Scout car.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bloody hell man I'm beginning to fear for your sanity ,if ok I'll happily just bash on with my mostly OOB 72ND stuff inspired by your most excellent work ,love it keep it comming. Dave

Reactions: JR

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I am not going to comment because you know I will say it is a fantastic build and another credit to you.
Rivets - have you not learned your lesson yet!!! I did after building that b'y bridge, if I go near the rivet tool it backs into the corner cringing and whimpering...
Such a shame it will all be covered in paint, but we will all know what a great job lays beneath.
Mike

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply gobsmacking work going on here paul , as always . Like Triggers brush , there cant be much ,if anything ,of the original kit left !!
Ive informed Matron btw , and shes on the way round with a warm bread poultice for your punched nuts , cheers tony

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Simply gobsmacking work going on here paul , as always . Like Triggers brush , there cant be much ,if anything ,of the original kit left !!
Ive informed Matron btw , and shes on the way round with a warm bread poultice for your punched nuts , cheers tony
It's not the bread poultice, but the massage that follows, only woman I know with hands like shovels and rough as 80 grit sandpaper....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Not sure how to follow that one Mike :flushed::smiling5:

Absolutely splen-tabulous Scottie, your additions are pushing this build into new realms….how you manage to keep everything so neat and tidy is beyond me!

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bloody hell man I'm beginning to fear for your sanity ,if ok I'll happily just bash on with my mostly OOB 72ND stuff inspired by your most excellent work ,love it keep it comming. Dave
so am I mate.
This is scratching on a new level Scottie. The rivets do look better although the original looked good. As for the lock, that is just insanely good.
cheers Jim I now have to repeat it on the other door.
I am not going to comment because you know I will say it is a fantastic build and another credit to you.
Rivets - have you not learned your lesson yet!!! I did after building that b'y bridge, if I go near the rivet tool it backs into the corner cringing and whimpering...
Such a shame it will all be covered in paint, but we will all know what a great job lays beneath.
Mike
Cheers Mike, Actually I find it quite relaxing doing the rivets.
Eee-yaaagghhhh !!! Stop ! Stop ! Okay, Okay !! No more! I'll tell you whatever you want to know !! Just please stop this !!
Ron, that made me chuckle cheers mate.
cheers Tony I didn't give it a lot of thought but when I got to the next panel it was to thick compared with the new one so didn't have a lot of choice but to carry on. I must admit I'm looking forward to matrons visit.
It's not the bread poultice, but the massage that follows, only woman I know with hands like shovels and rough as 80 grit sandpaper....
:smiling: :smiling: :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:
Not sure how to follow that one Mike :flushed::smiling5:

Absolutely splen-tabulous Scottie, your additions are pushing this build into new realms….how you manage to keep everything so neat and tidy is beyond me!
cheers Si, the work might be neat but don't look at the desk.
This is clearly witchcraft and should be burned instantly.
Thanks Jack:tongue-out3::tongue-out3:
Shhh ! Keep your voice down, Mr. Race might hear that !
I can hear him looking for the matches.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've just noticed a wayward rivet in the last picture ;) that will be resolved.

Oh, you’re even scratchbuilding the whole bonnet? I had not expected that. Hats off for going all the way :smiling3:
Jakko, it was pretty much the case of no choice. the kit one is very thick and has bevelled edges so getting it to fit would have been nigh on impossible.

You're in a league of your own Paul. Amazing skills.
Very kind of you mate but there are better modellers on here than me.

And theres me debating weather i can manage some brake lines on a truck im building lol
Very nice :thumb2:
Mark, go for it madness is just a step away :tongue-out3:

Thanks mate praise indeed.

And a WOW!! from me as well.
Thank you kindly Jim.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm quite pleased about how this is going so far. It has turned out to be square and plumb. The etch radiator shutters have been added, I have them slightly open as being shut would have lost any interest and fully open I doubt I could have used the stowage that Steve Jones sent me.

DSCF4174.JPG

DSCF4175.JPG

I am moving around a lot on this build starting something else as a part dries.

Next I scratched the luggage shelf from off cuts of brass sheet, and some punched rivets. It's not perfect but with stowage added it should pass.

DSCF4177.JPG

cheers
Scottie