Bismarck. Trumpeter 1/200.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Could not face the PE today so I started on the 'guns'. Only nerve inducing in these was cutting off the plastic barrel the right place, Drilling a hole the right size, centred and on the central axis. The AA guns where a pain but the secondary guns OK.
A bit of resin work too! Twelve individual blast-bags, no two the same. for the secondary canons.

20230526_150048.jpg
Nuff of that for one day. Next is the big guns!

I'm really going to have to paint something soon! lol

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice progress Ian. Certainly a kit where you have to keep your wits about you. Very easy, I imagine, to make an error.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice progress Ian. Certainly a kit where you have to keep your wits about you. Very easy, I imagine, to make an error.
It's as if you knew I had done just that Jim! lol. lucky for me it was an easy fix. so no one will ever know.

Ian looking very nice mate. Bring on the paint.
Not to many options left now Paul.
It will be interesting to see how my newish compressor keeps up with painting that rather large hull...I can see it having an asthma attack about half way down one side LOL.

I might. Only might brush paint a lot of the deck structures, I will be brush painting all the small fittings. Dont fancy masking up for those black and white disruption stripes. Especially on the bridge towers and that funnel....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not many bits left to stick together anymore:
20230526_150048.jpg
The guns are all made up. Admit there is a small pile of PE that has no intention of joining the build. Tried some of it on on of the main turrets. Did not end well. Took it of and made good the damages.
20230607_142545.jpg
The last of the bits . Four Ar196? Hmm can only see two of them
20230607_142623.jpg
Not much detail in the cockpit! Not looking forward to masking the canopies lol.
I could have a go at the other two and try to fold the wings.... add a cockpit..... :tongue-out3: :rolling: ;) :tongue-out::tongue-out2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking great,loadsa tiny bits,the planes are really nice....
..... good detail on em too for their size I reckon ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is coming along nicely Ian, a lot of tricky work there
Cheers Joe.
Looking great,loadsa tiny bits,the planes are really nice....
..... good detail on em too for their size I reckon ;)
Thank you Andy. I have today seen that the Eduard PE set actually has a PE interior ! for those little ar196 lol.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My Gawd Boss,

That is some really excellent work, not only with the etch, but all around!!! Fell behind on this and I agree it must be time for some paint. Now don't tell me you won't put the interiors in them.....Oh ok, you've already CA'd the canopy frames on and don't want to use your de-bonder on them.....

Then again, with them off, you could mask them from the inside and gently remove the masking after the paint is on and the interior finished............Hmmmm!!!

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Then again, with them off, you could mask them from the inside and gently remove the masking after the paint is on and the interior finished............Hmmmm!!!
I was thinking more like pop the tops and do the cockpit. put the canopy back on, paint that then put the windows in....
Or use the other two...lol.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Those planes look the bomb, Ian!
They're 1-200, you can't judge the interiors against a 1-72 scale cockpit! I'm sure they will look fantastic once they are in place on the finished model

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's fantastic.... and so tiny too...
Superb work Ian,(not to mention patience!! ;) )

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a quick hello I'm still at it kind of post.
Not to many photos just this one:
20230620_104547.jpg
Just put some colour down on the spotter 'planes. decals next time.

99% of the ship is now in primer and there are bits of ship everywhere! lol.
I will get the hull painted and the main deck area, well the bits on it that is, then work my way up one deck at a time. It is primed in black so the few photos I did take were hopeless black blobs. Hence not even going to try posting them.
Hope for a not so warm day tomorrow.

Laters.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bismarck has a red(ish) bottom!
Had a day of R&R today and it has been quite cool; compared to the last many weeks! Only 24c !
I celebrated by painting Bismarcks bum!
20230624_142605.jpg
Bit shiny at the moment. Believe it or not after all the hassle of getting the Colour coats paints I painted the hull bottom with Vallejo model color!!! After having used the Colour coats for the boot topping I had a headache the rest of the day and the room stank for two days. The Vallejo is a perfect match for the "propper" colour.
20230624_142615.jpg
I'll have a good look tomorrow and see if it needs another coat or I can just switch around a bit with the masking and start on the above the water line stuff.

Phew now its warm again!
Comments welcome